Coronavirus (Covid-19) Update
If you are unsure regarding your insurance due to the current circumstances regarding Coronavirus please click here. If you have any further queries regarding Coronavirus please click here to contact us.
As a British Triathlon affiliated coach, you receive liability insurance to deliver triathlon or related multi-sport coaching sessions (i.e. swimming, cycling, running and transition coaching sessions) as part of your membership. This includes:
- Public Liability – £15M- Accidental bodily injury to third parties and/or damage to third party property arising out of the insured activities.
- Professional Indemnity – £10M – cover for negligent acts, errors or omissions in respect of a professional opinion, including injury following tuition, advice, coaching or instruction, against claims made during the period of insurance.
British Triathlon affiliated coaches also receive Personal Accident insurance via their membership. This is a ‘no fault’ benefit that provides a specified amount to you, if you are injured whilst training towards a tirathlon or multisport goal, participating in a British Triathlon permitted event or coaching recognised British Triathlon activities. The membership level you hold with British Triathlon will determine the benefits you receive. Please click here to find out more.
- For cover to be operative you must hold a valid membership with either Triathlon England, Welsh Triathlon or Triathlon Scotland.
- You must hold the appropriate qualification to coach a particular activity. If you are not qualified, insurance cover will not be operative.
- A trainee coaching working under your direct supervision, is also insured, whilst working with you.
- You receive cover operating as an individual coach or Instructor (including those which are operating as a sole trader or limited company/entity capacity) working within the remit of a qualification recognised by the Insured subject to the income derived from the additional activity not exceeding £ 5,000 per annum in respect of Core Coaches or £ 35,000 per annum in respect of Ultimate Coaches.
If you have any questions regarding the insurance you receive, please refer to the FAQ section of this portal.