The insurance cover provided via your affiliation to the BKA will protect you and your club if you are deemed negligent in injuring another person or causing damage to another person’s property. Cover provided includes:
- Public Liability – Accidental bodily injury to third parties and/or damage to third party property arising out of the insured activities up to the value of £10 million.
- Employers Liability – Protection for damages and legal costs arising out of death or bodily injury caused to employees or volunteers in the course of their involvement with the club up to the value of £10 million.
- Professional Indemnity – Cover for negligent acts, errors or omissions in respect of a professional opinion, including injury following tuition, advice, coaching or instruction, against claims made during the period of insurance up to the value of £10 million.
- Directors & Officers (Management Liability) – Protects an individual’s personal liability arising from actions in their capacity as a director, officer or trustee, against claims made against them during the period of insurance for a wrongful act, up to the value of £5 million.
- Abuse – Protection for damages awarded against the club committee for physical or mental abuse allegations, made during the period of insurance, up to the value of £1 million.
Cover is extended to cover perspective members of classes up to 3 visits, before committing to sign up as a full member.
How to join the British Kendo Association
If you would like to affiliate as a British Kendo Association club, order require further information regarding membership, please click here.