Frequently Asked Questions
Below are a list of FAQ’s. However if you can’t find what you are looking for or still have queries, please contact Sports Insure.
- What does British Biathlons Public Liability insurance cover?
British Biathlon insurance will protect affiliated full members of the BBU, if you are deemed negligent in injuring another person or causing damage to another person’s property. Cover applies during official competitions and Biathlon related events approved by the British Biathlon Union anywhere within the European Union.
- Who provides the British Biathlon Unions insurance cover?
The Insurance programme is placed by Sports Insure who are the BBU’s Insurance Broker.The Liability insurance is provided by Sportscover Europe Ltd and The Personal Accident benefits are provided by Aviva.
Sports Insure can be contacted on 0161 790 7000.
- Is there a policy excess for members?
A £250 excess applies to each and every Public Liability claim.
There are no excesses applicable to the Personal Accident cover for individual, full members of the BBU.
- Are there any age limits?
There is no upper or lower age limit in respect of the Public Liability Insurance. The Personal Accident policy has an upper age limit of 80 years old.
- What is included within the personal accident insurance policy?
Please view the Policy Schedule for details of the benefits provided to you.
If you have any further queries please call Alison Richardson-Barnard at Sports Insure on 0161 790 7000.
- What immediate action should we take if an incident occurs that could lead to an insurance claim?
- Does my membership to the British Biathlon Union automatically provide me for travel insurance?
The public liability cover is provided to you travelling anywhere within the European Union. This would cover claims for alleged third party injury, or third party property damage.
The public liability policy does not however, provide you with any travel insurance. Travel insurance would cover overseas emergency medical treatment, following an accident, repatriations costs, cancelled flights etc. Sports Insure have a specific sports travel scheme, which you can obtain a quotation from here.