If you are a Licenced Coach of the Hit the Pitch programme or a Hit the Pitch participant, Personal Accident insurance is also provided as part of your affiliation to BSUK. Personal Accident is ‘non fault’ cover that provides fixed benefits in the event of accidental injuries, disabilities or death.
Cover has been arranged with Aviva Insurance Company, as a Licenced Coach or Hit the Pitch participant, the Personal Accident covers you during official BSUK matches and training sessions. Worldwide cover is in place, you are also covered whilst traveling to and/or from a BSUK approved activity is included within the UK.
Please note the Personal Accident benefits are also provided to BSUK employees are grounds crew.
The Personal Accident cover includes the following key benefits:
- Accidental Death – £10,000
- Loss of Sight in one or both eyes – £50,000
- Loss of hearing in one ear – £12,500
- Loss of hearing in both ears – £50,000
- Loss of one or more limbs – £50,000
- Loss of speech – £50,000
- Permanent Total Disablement – £50,000
- Broken Bones – A full list of bones covered and benefit amounts can be found within full policy schedule detailed below
- Physiotherapy – up to £500
- Coma Benefit – £50 per day up a maximum of 730 days
- Convalescence – up to £100
- Dental Expenses – up to £1,000
- Funeral Expenses – up to £10,000
- Hospitalisation – £50 per day up to a maximum of 365 days
- Medical Expenses – up to £25,000
In addition to the above licenced coaches also receive the following benefit:
- Temporary Total Disablement – £100 per week, up to a maximum of 52 weeks and subject to a 7 day excess period