BaseballSoftball UK – Frequently Asked Questions
Below you will find a comprehensive list of Frequently Asked Questions. If you cannot find the answer to your question, please contact Sports Insure.
- What do I do if there has been an accident?
- Who is covered by the policy?
- Hit the Pitch – Participants and Teams
- Licenced Coaches
- What is the difference between Geographical and Territorial limits on the policy?
The geographical limits on the policy is where you can participate in BSUK activities which are covered anywhere in the world. In layman terms, this means that you can train, participate and compete in recognised and approved Baseball Softball UK activity, worldwide.
The territorial/ jurisdictional limits on the policy is where an allegation can be made against you/ your club. In layman terms, this means the country in which a solicitor can be appointed, to try and sue you, if a third party feels you/ your club are deemed negligent. The territorial/ jurisdictional limit on the policy is worldwide excluding claims made against you in the USA and Canada.
- Are we required to complete risk assessments for all activities?
Yes. It is essential that you undertake risk assessments for the activities of your club/ team to support you in your risk management. You and your club owe a duty of care to those around you.
If an allegation for negligence is made against you or your club the risk assessments will be needed to evidence what you have reasonably been able to do to prevent an incident occurring.
- What is the difference between Public Liability Insurance and Personal Accident cover?
Public Liability Insurance covers the cost of legal action and compensation for claims made against your club or its committee members if a third party is injured or their property suffers damage whilst at your premises.
Personal Accident cover provides a set financial payment in the event of an accidental injury, such as death, permanent disability, physiotherapy, dental expenses etc
- What BSUK's insured activities?
BSUK insured activities include:
- Promotion & Development of Sport
- Organisation of Events
- Provision of Coaching Courses, Training & Instruction
- Provision of Grants
- Advice to affiliated bodies regarding Child Protection
- Providing advice and guidance on Funding applications
- General Maintenance Work including Baseball Diamonds/Fields
- Organisation & Running of Regional Programmes e.g. Schools
- Organisation & Running of Baseball Softball Tournaments
- Sale of Goods or Merchandise
- Participation in competition, attendance by officials, instructors and members in external competitions sanctioned by the insured and whilst representing the insured in the participation in the sport or the activity
- Administration & Running of the Sports
- Arrange presentation ceremonies & social events or whilst representing the Insured at such events or ones organised by third parties
- What is the Public Liability Limit of Indemnity ?
£10,000,000 any one claim
- Is there an Excess on the Liability or Personal Accident cover that we are liable to pay in the event of a claim?
- As a coach what cover do I receive ?
You receive Public Liability and Professional Indemnity cover both with £10,000,000 Limits of Indemnity