Umpires & Officials
All registered umpires and officials are provided with Liability Insurance for all aspects of their duties whilst engaged with BSF and its teams and clubs.
Liability insurance protect you, if you have breaches your legal liability by negligence, Protection against claims that you have breached your legal liability by negligence, nuisance or trespass. As part of your affiliation to BSF you receive both Public Liability & Professional Indemnity.
This covers Accidental bodily injury to third parties and/or damage to third party property arising out of recognised and approved BSF activities.
Professional Indemnity provides cover for negligent acts, errors or omissions in respect of a professional opinion, including injury following tuition, advice, coaching or instruction, against claims made during the period of insurance.
The cover operates worldwide, and provides the following limits of indemnity:
- Public Liability – £10,000,000 any one claim
- Professional Indemnity – £10,000,000 any one period of insurance
If as umpires or officials you act in a commercial capacity outside of your club or team you will require additional cover via Sports Insure.
In addition, British Softball Federation has arranged Personal Accident cover for you which includes the following benefits:
- Accidental Death – £10,000
- Permanent Total Disablement – £50,000
- Physiotherapy – up to £500
- Hospitalisation – £50 per day
- Dental Expenses – up to £1,000
- Broken Bones – up to £500
- Coaches also receive weekly benefits if they are injured and unable to work